Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Who knew?

The past week I've been pretty successful about getting my butt in gear. I'm sure it's because of my new bed. For the past 3 years I've been sleeping on a 10 year old futon that I took when I left my ex husband. I let him keep the bed, because at that time I was still putting his needs above mine.

Just over a week ago, my new bed was delivered. I shelled out a bit of money on it, but to have a new mattress and new pillows after the creaking futon...I was in heaven. I could spend all day in that bed.

And it's been easier to get up in the morning. Most mornings trying to get out of the futon was like trying to get to a 6am shift with a massive hangover. That's how it felt. Every. Damn. Day.

I got up early this morning (like yesterday) to go for a run. 2 miles.

You know what my time was per mile? Just under 15 minutes. (before you think 'Gosh that's slow, why is she proud of that?' It's because I haven't run really in years. I am currently at least 80 pounds overweight. And because last week my fastest mile was 17 minutes. These things take time.)

Next goal is the 12 minute mile. But for now, I'm pretty happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment