Monday, December 9, 2013

Week 5

I've had a pretty great week, all in all. I cooked and cooked and cooked. Some recipes were awesome, and some were the most vile thing I've ever tasted. The worst one was a paleo shepards pie. It was terrible, mostly because instead of using mashed potatoes, I tried my hand at mashing cauliflower and using that as a substitute.

It was awful. Smelled terrible, tasted gross, and basically ruined the entire dish. I had 1/4 of it and tossed the rest of it out. I considered throwing everything but the cauliflower into a soup, but that didn't work either. I really feel terrible for wasting food, but unfortunately I had to. And I learned an important lesson: Cauliflower is evil. It's the devil's food. I'm never using it for anything again. Ever. Which is too bad because cauliflower is a base in a lot of paleo meals. Oh well, I gave it a shot.

In other news, I've got to start preparing for when I go home for Christmas. It's easy for me to get offtrack during the holidays (Thanksgiving threw me off for a few days), and I can't afford to loose a week, not after all the progress I've made.

Besides that I'll have to cook a few specialty meals for myself when I'm home, I'll have to figure out how to exercise. I don't have any winter workout gear that fits right now, and I'm a real wuss when it comes to running outside during the winter.  Pilates maybe? Walking on the treadmill? Not sure yet.

Onto the goal for this week:

Eat breakfast at home.

I'm super bad at this. I usually skip breakfast entirely or get something reasonably unhealthy when I get to work. So I'll try making a quish or something every morning. Maybe some tea.

Weight: 218 (I've lost over 10 pounds in a month. And finally hit under the 220 mark. Finally!)

No comments:

Post a Comment